Want a job where you love to come to work every day? S Design, one of Oklahoma City’s most loved branding firms, is always looking for talented creatives. Come join our team that has been influencing our community through creativity for over 20 years.
The Art Director oversees and develops conceptual work, design and messaging to support client marketing efforts, maintain consistency across brand touch points and inspire a following for the brand. The Art Director directs critiques, mentors and trains design staff. This position reports directly to the Account & Project Manager and works directly with the Principal/Creative Director. This position is full time and includes personal time off and health benefits.
Types of work include: brand positioning, brand systems including identity development (logos), brand standards, stationery systems, websites, digital and print ads, social media graphics, info graphics, photography and video art direction, image brochures and sales collateral, simple production projects, brand audits, magazines, newsletters, packaging, event promotion, trade show displays, motion graphics, video and other materials.
Duties and responsibilities
- Meets regularly with Account & Project Manager and Principal/Creative Director to provide updates on job statuses and move projects forward on behalf of clients.
- Meets with clients as needed to present creative work, determine needs and keep projects moving. Debriefs design team on all client meetings, design direction, change orders and next steps.
- Provides art direction and leadership to creative team of 2-3 people.
- Communicates with designers to ensure understanding of job parameters, including accurate design briefs, project timeline, project budget and any other necessary information to complete project in a timely and successful manner.
- Art Director will be highly organized, deadline and budget focused and capable of helping design team members to prioritize and complete jobs on time and in budget. They may be called upon to act as a liaison between other designers and clients, but also encourage and facilitate client relationships.
- Daily responsibilities may involve any aspect of the design process from initial meeting to final production of work. This can include but is not limited to audits, research, brainstorming, sketching, concepting, critiques, design development, design implementation, copy writing, typesetting, illustration, photo manipulation, proof reading, and design production. This position also provides design for s design’s in-house marketing efforts including photographing work and editing blog, etc.
- Art Director must be able to keep accurate time records and documentation of project specifications and change orders. They must be efficient, flexible and innovative.
- Must be able to work under pressure of meeting deadlines, manage multiple projects from start to finish as needed, work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other team members as well as clients, vendors and collaborative partners. Projects must be produced on time and in budget. Attention to the smallest detail is a must.
- Art Director should be enthusiastic, professional and able to work closely with others. They must have good judgement and initiative, be able to follow a logical thought process, think critically and explain clearly. They must have strong problem solving skills and be able to prioritize and organize.
- Familiarity with web design best practices and usability standards is a must.
Desired skills and experience
- Exceptional project and time management skills with ability to manage clients budgets of various sizes
- Comprehensive understanding of integrated marketing and ability to design consistently and appropriately across different platforms
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, including copy editing and proofing
- Understands the principals of design, layout & composition, typography and color. Is able to generate and guide others to create original and innovative work in addition to emulating the styles of existing client work.
- Outgoing and team oriented personality with strong interpersonal skills
- All applicants should have a mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (CC).
- Our office is Mac based and utilizes Pro Work Flow for project and business management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Powerpoint is a plus.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, as well as WordPress and Drupal CMS is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in visual communications, graphic design or related field is a must
- 4-7 years experience preferred
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. In order to successfully perform the job, individuals must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty.
To apply, please email your resume to Sarah Sears.
Our internships are an ideal fit for students interested in pursuing a career in graphic design, copywriting or related fields. We offer you a chance to participate in the day-to-day details of working in an award-winning design studio. By the end of your time here at S Design, you will have possibly worked on a logo design, created a layout for an ad, and prepared a file for printing, among other design opportunities. Please send an electronic copy of your resume and portfolio to us.
A selection of students will be contacted each season for final interview. No phone calls please. Sign up here to receive notices about internship openings at S Design.