The office manager is a part-time to full-time position that serves as the office manager, overseeing all operations and processes within the scope of responsibilities listed below. Office manager will report directly to the principal and cooperate with management team, CFO and design and marketing teams. Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
Project Workflow and Support
- weekly client job lists and timelines
- opening new jobs and creating job jackets
- facilitate deliveries to clients and vendors
- contacting vendors about contracts / services
- proofing and editing support
- assisting in proposal process as needed
- oversee printing and mailing projects as needed
- Coordinate office staff for maximum efficiency
- Assist in recruitment of organization staff
- Evaluate and manage staff performance
- Employee orientation and training
- Development/update job descriptions
- Develop review process in line with organizational values
- Tracking for billable hours
- Tracking for paid leave
- S Design Culture Development
- Trust development aligned with business goals
- Insurance coordination w vendors and internal support
Bookkeeping and Reporting
- Coordinate relationship and communication with CPA, payroll services, banker and other vendors.
- Management and Operational Reports to/for senior management for clarifying priorities, managing risks and maximizing opportunities
- Financial analysis of key business metrics and business drivers
- “Change of Scope” billing management
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly bookkeeping in line with best practices
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Vendor Payment/Management
- Tax payment / Management
- Client Billing and Collections
- Cash management
- Payroll facilitation
- Support in preparation of Management Reports (billing, sales, contracts)
- Identify and implement special projects to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee filing, management systems (digital and paper)
- Design, execute office policies and procedure
- Receptionist / Office Presentation
- Professionally greeting clients or vendors in person or on phone, relaying messages
- Office clean and organized (interior and exterior)
- Maintain database, office organization, supplies & equipment
- Develop processes to improve and maintain databases, information and files for fast easy access including digital and physical archives.
- Distribute mail
- Event registration support
- Coordinate relationship and communication with IT provider
- User ID/Passwords
- Remote Access
- Offsite storage
- Computer Maintenance / Equipment leasing
- Preparation of office and rounding up materials
- Orchestration of catering, reservations and facilitation
- Creating event registration on GuestList
Other duties as needed.
Candidate Should Have:
- Excellent organization skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, email, Internet and ability to incorporate new software.
- Knowledge of project management software a good comfort level with new technology
- Strong writing and communication skills (clients and vendors)
- Experience and familiarity with accounting practices.
- Strong desire to participate in a team environment
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Self starter, ability to assess and improve processes and efficiency
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. The position may qualify for some benefits. Please submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Sears.